If your child is learning from home, they will be able to access all of the work on Google Classroom. Resources, videos, tasks and more can all be found in the 'Classwork' section on the Google Classroom.
All live teaching will be done over Zoom. An invitation to access Zoom will be sent to your child and a timetable will outline when live lessons will be.
Teachers will also be setting work on CENTURY Tech, an online learning platform the school has just signed up to.
Children are able to access their Accelerated Reader accounts at home so they can continue to develop their skills in reading.
White Rose Maths is the Maths scheme we use at Freeman's Endowed CE Junior Academy. Videos and tasks will be set in the Google Classroom to supplement the live teaching of Mathematics from our teachers.
Your child's class teacher might set work from Oak National Academy. The link below is an FAQs page for parents all about Oak National Academy.
We use Purple Mash for our computing scheme of work. Purple Mash also offers lots of activities that children can access whilst learning from home.
As a school, we use Times Tables Rockstars to help our children develop their fluency in times tables. This is a fantastic resource to use at home with your child to develop their recall of times tables facts.
Additional online Resources across all subjects
- NRICH- Click on the primary hub to access maths problem solving activities for children.
- Topmarks Daily Ten and other maths games.
- CrickWeb - interactive cross curricular activities
- Mathsframe - Hundred of maths games
- The Maths Factor - Free online maths lessons from Carol Vordeman
- Lego Maths - See how much you can learn with the simple Lego brick!
- Times tables quizzes (with answers!)
- More times tables games
- Chess - Learn to play the ultimate strategy game
- White Rose Maths - Maths for every year group
- My Money - Resources to support using money from Young Enterprise
- Join the Maths World Cup
- Authorfy - Masterclasses with authors and creative writing activities
- Oxford Owls Free e books for children aged 3-11
- Love my books – activities for children from 0-9 and links to you tube book readings.
- David Walliams - listen to David read a story every day
- Audible - Free stories to stream in 6 languages
- Teach your child to Read Free e books with guidance
- Reading for Pleasure Ideas to support you to love books!
- Classic Reads Read along with some classic full length stories
- Authors telling stories- listen to real authors read their books online
- Roald Dahl activities - Exciting things to do indoors with all of your favourite characters
- Harry Potter at home - Bring the magic of Hogwarts to your front room....
- Go on a Bear Hunt with Michael Rosen
- Discovering Books - Learn to draw the Gruffalo,create a miniature book and make a talking animal
- Books Trust - fun at home with authors and illustrators
- Globe TV treat yourself to a little Shakespeare...
- SpellingFrame - Learn and practise spelling rules
- First News - free downladable newspapers
- ThinkuKnow - a great website to work through age appropriate online safety activities with your children with Home Activity packs and parents' guides updated fortnightly.
- BBC Own It! - Useful advice and games for upper KS2 children.
- NFU Education- Science and STEM resources.
- Topmarks Science
- Wow Science
- Plants and Growing food - Find out more about where our food comes from
- Watch animals - LIVE from Edinburgh zoo. (Penguins, pandas, tigers and koalas)
- Experiments you can do at home
- More animals - this time feeds from Australian zoos
- Primary Science resources - ideas for all National Curriculum topics
- Zoo School! Join educators from London Zoo for games, activities and live tours!
- National Geographic Kids - games, competitions and interesting fact files.
- Mapping activities
- Weather activities
- Fieldwork lessons- live online with downloadable supports
- Kew Gardens virtual tour - See a whole world of wonders from your sofa!
- Weather experiments from the Met Office
- Explore famous galleries and picture collections
- Online drawing lessons
- Make your own playdough and create your own sculptures
- Draw with Rob - Learn some amazing drawing techniques a step at a time
- Get creative with hand and foot prints
- Visit the Picasso exhibition at the Royal Acacdemy
- Join Katherine's Art Club
- DuolingoKeep up with your Spanish learning - buena suerte!
- BBC Spanish - Get active with your greetings! Hasta luego!
- 123 Spanish fun
- Free live musical events
- Music from The Royal Albert Hall- See what's going on - for free!
- Have a singsong - with words and music. Updated weekly!
- Junior music at home
- Mindful Monsters Magical family moments
- Looking after ourselves at home - information and support from Cues-Ed who have worked at Elfrida before.
- BBC supermovers - great ideas for learning whilst keeping your children active.
- Cosmic kids – yoga and mindfulness fun for children
- Joe Wicks Body coach - Online PE lessons at 9am
- Go Noodle - movement and mindfulness for the whole family
- 10 Minute movers simple and quick activities to keep active
- Change4life reasons to get moving...!
- Easy sports activities Download and give them a go
- Yoga at home