Vision and Values
Our Vision Statement
'Let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth.' 1 John 3:18
As a Church of England school at the heart of the community, Freeman’s Endowed Church of England Junior Academy is committed to enabling all pupils to achieve their full potential, to grow in mind, body and spirit and to serve their local community. We provide a learning community where our pupils aspire to achieve excellence and develop as confident, respectful, valued citizens.
We learn to love God, each other and ourselves through our Christian values of Kindness, Forgiveness, Truthfulness, Love, Perseverance and Acceptance. These are all rooted in Love. .
Our School Values
- Kindness ‘Show kindness to my family because I have shown kindness to you.’ Joshua 2:12
- Love ‘You shall love your neighbour as you love yourself.’ Mark 12:31
- Forgiveness ‘Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.’ Ephesians 4:32
- Truthfulness ‘Walk with integrity, be righteousness, speak with truth.’ Psalm 15:2
- Perseverance ‘I can do all things through him who strengthens me.’ Philipians 4:13
- Acceptance ‘Accept one another, just as Christ has accepted you.’ Romans 15:7
Our vision and values are at the core of everything we do. They underpin our teaching and learning, and provide an environment which prepares our pupils as confident, happy citizens. As a Church of England academy, our vision is deeply rooted in a strong Christian tradition. We develop happy, young people with enquiring minds, a spirit of curiosity, respect for themselves, others and the environment so that they will have the skills, resilience and adaptability to thrive in a rapidly changing world. Our School works in partnership with parents, our local church and the wider Diocese and Trust to nurture confident and responsible children who respect other faiths and adopt positive roles in the community.
Our Christian values are promoted in all aspects of school life and we encourage all members of our community to promote an ethos where care and respect is shown to everyone. We are inclusive and welcoming to those of all backgrounds and faiths; all individuals are respected, supported and nurtured.
We believe that our school provides a stimulating learning environment, encourages excellence, actively promotes British values and enables children to achieve their full potential.
- To help our young people to strengthen their own faith and beliefs, while developing and showing respect, tolerance and understanding for different faiths and cultures in the school and wider community.
- To create a happy learning environment where all children feel valued
- To encourage children to feel confident to challenge themselves.
- To support our pupils to develop independence, resilience and self-belief.
- To develop a strong relationship with parents, carers, the community and the church
- To value the achievements of the members of the school community and celebrate their successes both within and outside of school.
'Growing in grace and knowledge with God's love.' 2 Peter 3:18